Terms and conditions
- Racebest Ltd manages the race entry for the Events listed on this website on behalf of Race Organisers. The Race Organiser is responsible for the terms and conditions governing each individual Event and Race Entrants are requested to familiarise themselves with the specific terms and conditions related to the Event they wish to enter.
- Racebest Ltd acts as agent for the Race Organiser. The Race Organiser has instructed Racebest Ltd to collect and retain race entry fees on his/her behalf.
- Payment of race entry fees through Racebest Ltd does not constitute a contract between Racebest Ltd and the Race Entrant.
- Once a person enters a race through Racebest Ltd they are liable for full payment of the race entry fee as published at the time of entry. Race entries cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase unless the event is cancelled. Race entry fees are made up of:
- Administrative charges for the processing of the race entry
- Race fees for entry into the race
- Race Entrants are advised to familiarise themselves with the transfer, deferral and cancellation policies of each individual race. Transfers, deferrals and cancellations are at the discretion of the Race Organiser.
- Should an Event be cancelled or not take place for any reason, including, but not limited to, the Race Organiser becoming bankrupt/insolvent or having acted in a fraudulent manner:
- Race Entrants will be entitled to a refund of the race entry fee from the Race Organiser
- Racebest Ltd will not be liable for the refund of individual race entry fees
- Personal arrangements including travel, accommodation or hospitality relating to the Event which have been arranged by the Race Entrant are at the Race Entrant’s own risk. Liability for the cancellation or rescheduling of an Event will be limited to the refund as set out in these terms and conditions. Neither the Race Organiser nor RaceBest will be responsible for any loss, theft or damage of your personal belongings, other than caused as a result of their/our negligence or other breach of statutory duty.
- In the event of the Event being cancelled, RaceBest Ltd reserves the right to recover administrative costs from the Race Organiser.
Race Entrant declaration
- By accepting these terms and conditions the Race Entrant declares that:
- Where an event has a race licence issued by UK Athletics (UKA) I will abide by the laws and rules of UKA.
- I will abide by the age limits set for the event.
- I will not compete in the race unless I am medically fit on the day of the race and that, in any event, I will compete at my own risk.
- I accept that the organisers, sponsors, partners, marshals will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses, which may arise in consequence of my participation in the event.
- I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions should circumstances require.
- I understand that the Race Organiser reserves the right to refuse or cancel applications, including duplicate applications, and/or alter the date of the event, the course route or distance.
- I understand that the Race Organiser reserves the right to cancel the event at any time up to, and including, race day if s/he determines that the risk to participants (entrants, spectators, marshals) and/or members of the public cannot be controlled to an acceptable degree.
- I understand that race entries cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase unless the event is cancelled.
- I understand that by participating in the event I have entered, I give my permission for Racebest Ltd and/or the Race Organiser to use my name, quotations, video and/or photographic likeness for marketing and promotional purposes.
- Where an event has a Race Permit issued by the Fell Runners Association Ltd (FRA), I understand that this race is held in accordance, and that I have familiarised myself, with both the Rules and Safety Requirements of the FRA. In particular:
- I accept the hazards inherent in fell running and acknowledge that I am entering and running this race at my own risk.
- I confirm that I am aware of the rules imposed on me by the Race Organiser and that I will comply with them.
- I confirm that I have read and will comply with, the "Fell Running - Requirements for Runners".
- I acknowledge and agree that I am responsible for determining whether I have the skills equipment and fitness to participate in this event.
- I accept that neither the Race Organiser nor the Fell Runners Association shall be liable to me for any injury, loss or damage of any nature to me or my property arising out of my participation in this race (other than in respect of death or personal injury as a result of their negligence).
- I accept that the Race Organiser may use photographic or video equipment for the purpose of monitoring the race
Responsibilities of the Race Organiser
- The Race Organiser is responsible for:
- All elements of the organisation of the race
- Supplying Racebest Ltd with information relating to the specifics of an Event well in advance of the Event to which it relates taking place which shall also allow any changes to that information to be made in good time
- Ensuring that transfer, deferral and cancellation policies are communicated to Racebest Ltd and to entrants where appropriate. Racebest Ltd will not authorise a transfer or a deferral without the express permission of the Race Organiser. Racebest Ltd reserves the right to charge a fee to cover administrative costs where a transfer or deferral is authorised by the Race Organiser.
- Checking racebest.com to ensure that there are no mistakes in publishing the information
- Supplying Race Entrants who have entered the race via Racebest Ltd with all the necessary information and/or equipment in order for them to compete in the Event, or supplying Racebest Ltd with all necessary information to be emailed to Race Entrants on the organisers behalf
- Checking the entrant list to ensure they are correct and contacting those entrants as appropriate
Responsibilities of Racebest Ltd
- Racebest Ltd is responsible for:
- Enabling runners to enter an Event
- Promoting the Event on racebest.com and by email to our database of Entrants, as appropriate.
- Collating and retaining all race fees on behalf of the Race Organiser
- Collating and storing securely Race Entrants’ details on behalf of the Race Organiser
- Providing timely and regular information on Race Entrants to the Race Organiser for such time as entry to the Event remains open.
- Providing the Race Organiser with a final statement setting out the monies received and paid by us.
- Making final payment settlement to the Race Organiser no later than 30 days after the successful staging of the event for which the race entry fees have been collected. Final settlement will consist of the race fees alone (i.e. race entry fees minus the administrative charges on each and every entry).
These terms and conditions are reviewed periodically and we reserve the right to amend them accordingly. You are expected to read this page, to be aware of any changes.
Date of last review: 8th August 2017
Racebest Ltd is a private limited company registered in England & Wales (8193734), Registered Office: 2 Stepping Stones, East Morton, Keighley BD20 5UG.
For general enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0113 831 3139.