Entrant Terms and Conditions
RaceBest Ltd is a UK based ticketing platform for endurance sports events. RaceBest Ltd’s ticketing platform enables Event Organisers to list Events on www.racebest.com with a unique Event entry page and URL. Racebest Ltd acts as agent for the Event Organiser. The Event Organiser has instructed Racebest Ltd to collect and retain entry fees on his/her behalf.
Within this agreement a reference to “Entrant” refers to the individual completing the entry form to participate in the event and/or the individual(s) for whom the entry form to participate in the event has been completed by another party.
Where an event has a licence issued by UK Athletics (UKA), by accepting these terms and conditions the Entrant declares that:
- I will abide by the laws and rules of UKA.
- I will abide by the age limits set for the event.
- I will not compete in the Event unless I am medically fit on the day of the Event and that, in any event, I will compete at my own risk.
- I accept that the organisers, sponsors, partners, marshals will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses, which may arise in consequence of my participation in the event.
- I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions should circumstances require.
- I understand that the Event Organiser reserves the right to refuse or cancel applications, including duplicate applications, and/or alter the date of the event, the course route or distance.
- I understand that the Event Organiser reserves the right to cancel the event at any time up to, and including, Event day if s/he determines that the risk to participants (entrants, spectators, marshals) and/or members of the public cannot be controlled to an acceptable degree.
- I understand that entry fees cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase unless the event is cancelled.
- An entrant shall be deemed to have made him/herself/their self, familiar with, and agreed to be bound by the UKA Anti-Doping Rules and to submit to the authority of UK Anti-Doping in the application and enforcement of the Anti-Doping Rules. The UKA Anti-Doping Rules apply to entrants participating in the sport of Athletics, for 12 months from the date of entry, whether or not the licence holder is a citizen of, or resident in, the UK.
Where an event has a Permit issued by the Fell Runners Association Ltd (FRA), by accepting these terms and conditions the Entrant declares that:
- I understand that this Event is held in accordance, and that I have familiarised myself, with both the Rules and Safety Requirements of the FRA.
- I accept the hazards inherent in fell running and acknowledge that I am entering and running this Event at my own risk.
- I confirm that I am aware of the rules imposed on me by the Event Organiser and that I will comply with them.
- I confirm that I have read and will comply with, the "Fell Running - Requirements for Runners".
- I acknowledge and agree that I am responsible for determining whether I have the skills equipment and fitness to participate in this event.
- I accept that neither the Event Organiser nor the Fell Runners Association shall be liable to me for any injury, loss or damage of any nature to me or my property arising out of my participation in this Event (other than in respect of death or personal injury as a result of their negligence).
In all cases, by accepting these terms and conditions the Entrant declares that:
- I understand that payment of entry fees through Racebest Ltd does not constitute a contract between Racebest Ltd and me.
- I understand that once I enter an Event through Racebest Ltd I am liable for full payment of the entry fee as published at the time of entry.
- I have familiarised myself with the specific terms and conditions, in particular, the transfer, deferral, refund and cancellation policies of my chosen Event as set out by the Event Organiser.
- I accept that personal arrangements including travel, accommodation or hospitality relating to the Event which have been arranged by me are at my own risk. Neither the Event Organiser nor RaceBest Ltd will be responsible for any loss, theft or damage of personal belongings, other than caused as a result of their/our negligence or other breach of statutory duty.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE EVENT ORGANISER
The Event Organiser is responsible for:
- All elements of the organisation of the Event.
- The accuracy of all information published on Racebest Ltd relating to the specifics of an Event.
- The terms and conditions governing each individual Event, including but not limited to transfer, deferral, refund and cancellation policies.
- Supplying Entrants who have entered the Event via Racebest Ltd with all the necessary information and/or equipment in order for them to compete in the Event.
- Should an Event be cancelled or not take place for any reason, including, but not limited to, the Event Organiser becoming bankrupt/insolvent or having acted in a fraudulent manner Entrants will be entitled to a refund of the entry fee from the Event Organiser. Racebest Ltd will not be liable for the refund of individual entry fees.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF RACEBEST LTD
Racebest Ltd is responsible for:
- Collecting and retaining all entry fees on behalf of the Event Organiser
- Providing the Event Organiser with a clear statement of entry fees and transaction costs
These terms and conditions are reviewed periodically and we reserve the right to amend them accordingly. You are expected to read this page, to be aware of any changes.
Date of last review: 24th May 2017
Racebest Ltd is a private limited company registered in England & Wales (8193734), Registered Office: 2 Stepping Stones, East Morton, Keighley BD20 5UG.
For general enquiries, please contact email@example.com or telephone 0113 831 3139.