A 7.5 mile undulating, mainly off road race.
The Ambles Revenge is the winter race of The Amble which is run in July. A mixture of cross country and fell the race goes in a clockwise direction, starting on the Trans Pennine Trail at Oxspring. It proceeds for 7.5 miles over farmers fields, quiet country lanes over many stiles towards Green Moor and back to Oxspring. Dependant on the weather there will be parts that are muddy and wet underfoot but everyone who runs says it is great fun. Undulating and hilly it is certainly not an easy race. The winning mens time last year was 56 minutes. With between 100/200 runners it is a popular race with the local club runners and unaffiliated athletes. The course is well marked and has over 20 marshals.
- 7.5 Miles
- Cross Country
- Entry limit:
- Remaining places:
- Not suitable for wheelchairs
- Water stations
- No distance markers
- No changing facilities
- No showers
- No baggage store
- Race HQ:
- Rafters Bar, Waggon & Horses, Sheffield Road, Oxspring, Sheffield, S36 8YQ
The prices below include race fees, card charges and admin; there are no hidden extras.
Assuming this event does not sell out, entry on the day will be available for an additional £2.00.
ENTER NOW to guarantee your place.
Look who just entered:
- Zoe Bettridge, Barnsley Harriers
- Nigel Bradbury, Barnsley Harriers
- Barbara Haigh, Penistone Footpath Runners & AC
- Judith Kippax, Valley Hill Runners
- Rachel Yarwood-Murray, Kingstone Runners Barnsley